[compiz] Python plugin (Python API for Compiz)

Pierpaolo Follia pfollia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 03:37:32 PDT 2007

Thank you very much Mike, great work. I'm testing it, and it seems to
run quite well here.
For those who wants to try this plugin, remember to install
python-opengl and python-ctypes, because you need them to load sample
plugins.

Regards,
Pierpaolo

On 4/10/07, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
> Here is my python loader plugin which loads plain python
> scripts as full plugins.
>
> There is not much documentation, but I have included a few
> examples to get you going.
>
> triangle - Just a basic plugin which shows a triangle on a button
> press.  This shows using ctypes to pass values from compiz to the
> python opengl bindings.
>
> basiczoom - Zooms in on the screen (basically)
>
> inactive - This is a port of my inactive plugin which I mentioned
> earlier.  Its only a few lines of easy python code.
>
> The OBJECTS file contains a brief list of each property and method.
> I will try to get some proper documentation done soon.
>
> I think most things are complete, the TODO list contains a list of
> things I am aware of.  You should be able to do most things that
> can be done with c plugins (without the hassle of pointers)
>
> http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/python.tar.gz
>
> Please report any bugs here or mail me offlist, there are probably
> a few :)

Pierpaolo Follia
http://madchicken.altervista.org/tech