[compiz] Bug with kde applications and damageWindowRect wrapping...

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Thu Apr 19 00:33:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

> > > The placement plugin is broken. It shouldn't place windows when they
> > > first appear but instead when we get the map request and before they are
> > > mapped.
> > >
> > > This bug is only visible in kde apps as kde doesn't support the sync
> > > request protocol.
> >
> > So you mean something like the attached patch?
> > Let me know if it's correct and it works for you - it does for me ;-)
>
> Something like that but I think we want this to hook in after we've
> applied the startup properties (event.c:1868) and we'll have to add a
> PlaceWindowProc screen function to do that properly.

This would then be something like the attached patch. However, we still
need to update the decoration on MapRequest before core handles it
(currrently, we do it after core) so w->input has the correct values
when the window is placed. A patch for that is also attached.
Do you agree to that?

Regards,

Danny