[compiz] --skip-gl-yield

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Apr 19 12:16:04 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 11:25 +0100, Joel Calado wrote:
> Beryl has a --skip-gl-yield ( I think now managed by --force-nvidia,
> dont really know though), that eases the use of beryl under heavy CPU
> load.
>
> Is this implemented in compiz? Cause compiz is _REALLY_ slow under
> heavy cpu use for me.

That's a driver specific trick that doesn't belong in compiz. Setting
__GL_YIELD manually as some people have already suggested should do the
same thing and you're of course free to patch compiz so it does this
automatically if you find that useful but a patch like that is likely
never going to be accepted upstream.

- David