[compiz] Re: compiz: Changes to 'master'

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Apr 25 12:25:58 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 11:09 -0700, Robert Carr wrote:
> include/compiz.h |    1 +
>  1 files changed, 1 insertion(+)
>
> New commits:
> commit 2402215a6a3bd50e9d87e99d4a45de14b635ecea
> Merge: 1b0ae38... 7f518da...
> Author: Robert Carr <racarr at gorbie.(none)>
> Date:   Wed Apr 25 14:09:38 2007 -0400
>
>     Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://racarr@git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/compiz
>
> commit 1b0ae388155a18ea07f148d6163cf7d5deaa0cbd
> Author: Robert Carr <racarr at gorbie.(none)>
> Date:   Wed Apr 25 14:09:25 2007 -0400
>
>     Add a priv entry to CompAction. For a use case see: compiz-scheme. It's neccesary to implement in a proper way actions that have to go through a wrapper C function. In general the idea of having Actions without an assosciated Option / Actions added at run time needs to be explored a bit more because the current code is not well suited for it.

Why did you add it to the CompOption struct? If we need some user data
attached to actions then that should go into the CompAction struct but
I'm not sure we want that at all. If you want to create run-time actions
like your compiz-schema code is doing I suggest that you just use
addScreenAction and check for a matching event manually in handleEvent.

btw, when you're making changes to compiz.h, please make sure that they
are indented correctly and matching coding style is used.

- David