[compiz] adding XCB dependency

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Fri Apr 27 09:13:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

> I intend to make compiz depend on XCB and Xlib/XCB sometime soon so we
> can start using XCB where it's beneficial [1]. I'm mostly interested in
> using it for asynchronous reading of window properties but we should
> eventually try to use it for as much as possible. Removing Xlib
> completely might not make sense as we need to support multiple
> implementations of GLX but getting to a stage where it's possible to
> disable Xlib at build time for those who are interested in that would be
> neat.
>
> If you've got any issues with XCB and Xlib/XCB being added as
> dependencies please speak up asap. Thanks.

Just for curiousity - which distros do actually ship XCB at the moment,
at least as some sort of extra/unofficial package? I couldn't find one
at the moment for my distro (FC6/F7) and I doubt many people (as in:
users of compiz) want to compile XCB and Xlib/XCB manually.
Does anyone of you know when XCB will be included in all major
distributions?

Regards,

Danny