[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.5.4

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 21 11:26:02 PDT 2007

Danny Baumann wrote:
>> Aside from those changes, my plan for 0.6 is to just collect what
>> fixes come in from fedora and other distros and then release 0.6
>> mid-september.  How does that sound?
>
> That sounds pretty good - actually, I wanted to propose a release within
> 4-6 weeks when I read your mail, so our schedules seem to match :-)
> I'd think we have a look at the patches the distros carry (Fedora,
> OpenSuse and especially Ubuntu, as those are the guys who want to enable
> Compiz by default) and the bug trackers and do a release when there are
> no show-stopping and/or annoying bugs left.

"Mid September" sounds just the wrong side of good to me.......
Mandriva's freeze is currently scheduled for the 10th :/

Depending how things go, we can perhaps push through a 0.6 upgrade after
freeze, especially with the contributions from other distro's to make it
more stable, but it would be nice from my perspective if you changed
"mid" to "beginning of" ;)

Still we can't all be in sync as much as it would make things simpler :p

Cheers

Col