[compiz] compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Fri Aug 31 07:51:21 PDT 2007

Michel Dänzer wrote:

>On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 09:58 -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>

>>On Friday 31 August 2007 09:55:59 Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>

>>>Make sure you have an Extensions section and that Composite is
>>>enabled in it.  Like so:
>>>
>>>Section "Extensions"
>>>    Option "Composite"
>>>EndSection

Thanks,
adding the above three lines got rid of the "No composite extension"

It is a little confusing when u see

(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE

in the xorg log file though.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)