[compiz] GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE and dual-screens

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Sun Dec 2 21:25:23 PST 2007

Hi Dennis,

I'm not terribly active on this list but I posted the exact same
request several months ago.
Lots of users out there could benefit from this being implemented,
especially people with these old-ish ATI cards.

And to Xavier,

A bit of googling led me to find the patch at
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-May/002165.html
but I was unable to apply it (couldn't find the right locations for
the diffs.) I have to admit I gave up.

I've since upgraded to a Nvidia 8800GTS, the r300 isn't fast enough
for modern games.
It's got support for at least 4096x4096 textures.

It's an expensive solution, but might I suggest upgrading to a newer
ATI or Nvidia card?
I'm no expert but I hope even budget cards can do 4096x4096 textures.

Cheers
Chris.