[compiz] Placement plugin enhancement

Bellegarde Cedric gnumdk at puffy.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 5 06:15:51 PST 2007

http://puffy.homelinux.org/~gnumdk/compiz/patch/place.patch

Here a new version of my patch.

It now have six placement mode (kwin placement modes):
- Cascade
- Centered
- Random
- LeftCorner
- Maximize
- Smart

Currently, smart placement isn't present in this patch.
I'm working on it but my ubuntu(feisty) have really strange behaviours ... I
can't debug compiz anymore.

gnumdk at lisa:~/Download/Compiz/compiz/plugins$ gdb /usr/bin/compiz
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run --replace gconf
Starting program: /usr/bin/compiz --replace gconf
[New Thread -1221650016 (LWP 30799)]
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Cannot find new threads: generic error

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

I will work on smart placement at home on my debian...

Cedric