[compiz] A patch for minimize plugin.

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Feb 6 17:02:26 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 17:31 +0100, Stjepan Glavina wrote:
> I've added a new option in minimize plugin, called "Disable Fading".
> To prevent tearing, damageScreen is used minDonePaintScreen (only if the
> option is used).

minimize plugin modifying opacity attribute like that is wrong. fade
plugin should be modified if you want to disable fading when windows are
minimized.

Adding a call to damageScreen like that is also wrong. That it prevents
tearing for you doesn't justify it. I assume that it prevents tearing
because your driver doesn't support GLX_SGI_video_sync, which allow
compiz to synchronize partial buffer swaps to the vblank. You can't
replace efficient redrawing of part of the screen with fullscreen
redrawing to workaround missing features a specific OpenGL
implementation.

- David