[compiz] gtk-window-decorator - No window borders

Brad Ison ison.brad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:24:16 PST 2007

Hi,
I have a strange problem with gtk-window-decorator. I've tried 0.3.6 &
the latest from git, but with either I don't get any window borders when
running gwd. I hope its not something simple I've missed but I've
searched around and not found anything. gwd never segfaults or even
displays any warnings or anything for that matter. It just doesn't draw
the borders. I've tried every combination of gconf settings (setting
use_metacity_theme to false etc) and tried changing my metacity theme.
It still will not draw any borders. I'm running Ubuntu Feisty with
all the latest updates using an ATI x850 with the free r300 driver and
Mesa 6.5.2. Compiz itself works alright though I have some weird issues
with windows not redrawing, but I expect that is due to using a somewhat
experimental video driver. I can't seem to explain why the window
borders aren't being drawn though. Any ideas?