[compiz] 0.4 release

Jesper Andersen jespera at diku.dk
Tue Feb 27 23:44:03 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 12:15 +0100, David Reveman wrote:

> Yep, that made a lot of sense and I've now made changes that should fix
> it. The changes I've made affect which window that should get focus when
> you change viewport in other ways when using the switcher or scale too.
> Switching to a new viewport will not necessarily move the input focus to
> the window below the pointer but to the last window focused in that
> viewport. I'm not sure if this makes more sense than the old behavior
> but we can easily adjust it to match the old behavior without breaking
> the switcher/scale part if we want that. Let me know what you think.

For me, this new behavior makes so much more sense than the old. When I
explicitly select a window to focus, I want that window to gain focus
regardless of where I have my mouse cursor placed. I guess one could
argue that under the sloppy focus model it also makes sense that focus
is actually determined by the mouse cursor location, but I still think
that when the user manually select a window (not using the mouse
cursor), it should gain focus.

Anyway, your recent change works great here. Thanks for reacting so
quickly to such a small issue.

Cheers,
Jesper