[compiz] Final version of placement enhancement

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Feb 28 10:39:51 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 23:42 +0100, Bellegarde Cedric wrote:
> Le mercredi 28 février 2007, David Reveman a écrit :
> > I can't download this patch anymore, could you please send it to me?
> >
> > - David
>
> The patch is here:
>
> http://hibbert.univ-lille3.fr/~cbellegarde/Compiz/place.patch

Thanks,

you were not returning TRUE after successfully updating the mode option
and I didn't like the way you used a macro to get the work area in each
placement function. I fixed those issues and made some minor cosmetic
changes but the patch was good in general and it's now in head. Sorry
that it took a while for me to get to this one. I'll make it up to you
next time.

btw, I also enabled the "maximize if so big that it can't fit the work
area" code, which has been disabled since I moved that code from
metacity due to some missing functionality in compiz. It's enabled now
and it should fix some issues that people have been reporting but if
it's causing problems for anyone please let me know.

- David