[compiz] Freeze when swithing vt

Julian Sikorski lordzanon at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Jan 1 06:00:14 PST 2007

Hello. I am running 0.3.6 compiz under Fedora Core 6 and nvidia 1.0-9631
binary driver. I have noticed that switching to console with ctrl-alt-f1
and then back to x with ctrl-alt-f7 locks up the system  with a black
screen more or less (sometimes the lockup is complete, sometimes the
cursor moves and it is possible to switch back to console), A user on
nvnews forums suggest that disabling sync to vblank is a valid
workaround. Is this a compiz or a driver issue? Cheers.