[compiz] Window Focus Changes When Dragging

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 14 16:39:24 PST 2007

Hi,

Here is a scenario:
I have two windows (A and B) and I want to drag a file from one to the other.

I focus window A, browse to the place that I want to drop the file and
then try and pick up the file from window B, window B gets focused
when I start to drag the icon

Is there any way to make Compiz only focus a window when I click it
but not when I click and drag an item on it? (Sometimes, for example,
Window B will cover up the thing I was trying to drop on window A)

A quick survey:
Windows: Doesn't change focus on drag
OSX: Doesn't change focus on drag
Linux w. Metacity: Does cause focus to change on dragging.

So I don't know whether the precedent is set by the other two OSs or
by metacity. If it is easy, and it isn't already possible then could
it be there as an option? :)

Thanks for the continued work on Compiz!

Jonathan