[compiz] compiz 0.3.6 in fedora rawhide

Saikat Guha saikat at cs.cornell.edu
Fri Jan 19 13:10:12 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 13:35 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 1/19/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 08:58 -0500, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > > The only slightly strange thing is that if I have my left screen full of
> > > windows and launch another app from the panel or desktop on the left
> > > screen, the window will appear on the left even though the right screen
> > > is empty. [...]
>
> To match what most people consider a bug in metacity?

I, for one, like how metacity will place a window on the screen which
has my mouse pointer (and thus my visual attention, particularly since I
use sloppy/mouse-focus)

It also allows me to control where applications go as and when I start
them up -- I'll click on gnome-terminal and move my mouse to the screen
I want that g-t instance to pop up on, quite intuitive and
application-agnostic (unlike devilspie).

2c.
--
Saikat