[compiz] compiz 0.3.6 in fedora rawhide

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Jan 22 14:35:27 PST 2007

On 1/19/07, Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net> wrote:
> On 1/19/07, dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > any reason why you have not included the kde-window-decorator? (I am a
> > gnome user but I just want to know why).
>
> Nope, I just didn't realize that there was a KDE decorator now.  I'll
> do an update and try to enable that later on.

As discussed in another thread here, the kwd build depends on the qt3
dbus bindings, which are apparently in limbo.  I think there are
couple of ways we could fix this:

  1) Patch out the dbus dependency - I don't know is this is feasible
at all, but this is the quick and dirty solution.

  2) The qt dbus bindings are in fedora extras, so somebody could
create a compiz-kde package in extras that drops the GNOME
dependencies and depends on the qt dbus bindings there.

  3) Wait until kwd uses qt4 and qt4 is more widely deployed.

Kristian