[compiz] Thumbnail plugin

Stjepan Glavina stjepang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 02:10:10 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 14:51 -0500, David Reveman wrote:
> Being able to draw minimized windows will be solved when the server can
> do input transformations. Window map state and window minimize state
> will then be separated and map state will just be used as a way to save
> some server resources.
>
> So live updating thumbnails without using any additional resources will
> be possible eventually. I'm not very interested in hacking up some
> temporary solution before we have input transformation support in the
> server. Just be patient, eventually it's going to work perfectly.

Beryl has support for getting thumbnails in it's core. Their both
thumbnail and switcher plugin can show thumbs of minimized window. All I
can say is that looks and works much better than in Compiz.
Vista does the same thing.

Isn't it be better to show a saved pixmap instead of an icon or nothing?

This is just useful and if you don't like it, it can still be just an
option.

What do you think?

Stjepan