[compiz] --sm-client-id problem?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 4 07:09:10 PDT 2007

Treviño wrote:
> Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to integrate compiz into the Gnome startup process and pass a
>> relevent --sm-client-id value, it seems (not got 100% proof yet) that
>> compiz hangs the login.
>>
>> This used to work perfectly, but I'm just wondering if there is a
>> current issue with this?
>>
> I think there's an issue of gnome-session (gnome-wm script first of all)
> with compiz at all...
> Removing gnome-wm from the loading session, generally works

We have patched gnome-wm many moons ago to ensure that the sm args are
correctly passed to compiz on startup:

http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/gnome-session/current/SOURCES/gnome-session-2.16.1-compositing-wm.patch?revision=3011&view=markup

/usr/bin/compositing-wm-start is our generic start script for either
compiz or beryl + gtk/kde-windows-decorator or emerald which takes into
account system or user preferences.

So I know that the arguments are correctly given to compiz at least.
Just wondering if current git has any issues in this regard? I suspect
not and that my problem lies elsewhere, but just wanting to confirm with
the crew in the know ;)

Thanks

Col