[compiz] video plugin update

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Jul 24 16:07:01 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 10:32 +1000, Christopher Halse Rogers wrote:
> On 7/12/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> > I had to update the video plugin interface slightly to fix some bugs.
> > I've attached an updated mplayer patch.
> >
> Just to check, since I'm interested in applying this to Ubuntu's
> mplayer, but this patch is still not ready for upstream mplayer,
> right?  I remember the last such thread ending in "we should probably
> wait for the retained-mode interface" - do the same comments apply
> here?
>
> In a related question, any news on such an interface? :)

The communication mechanism will be slightly updated but the mplayer
patch will look much like it does today unless someone wants to put more
work into it.

Upstream mplayer might want to put this in a compiz-xv output backend
rather than in the xv backend itself but that's just some cut-n-paste
work that anyone could do...