[compiz] video plugin update

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Jul 27 15:04:33 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 11:17 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
> > I had to update the video plugin interface slightly to fix some bugs.
> > I've attached an updated mplayer patch.
>
> Feed the Stupid please....
>
> I remember reading that this plugin is effectively for Xgl? Does this
> also work for AIGLX? I've got intel i945GM and can't use Xv under
> compiz, but will enabling the video plugin and applying this patch to
> mplayer make it magically work?

It works with any server. However, for hw accelerated YUV color-space
conversions you'll need to patch the server and I'm not sure that the
patch I quickly wrote will work on anything but xgl at the moment but I
haven't tested so maybe it will. Without YUV support, my mplayer patch
will do the color-space conversion in software and feed RGB data to
compiz instead, which is not nearly as efficient as feeding YUV data to
compiz but still most likely a whole lot more efficient than using
XVideo on a composited desktop.

If you can't use Xv with compiz then this is definitely for you.