[compiz] Unable to start gwd under Fedora 7

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Mon Jun 4 22:29:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

> gtk-window-decorator: Could not acquire decoration manager selection on screen 0 display ":0.0"

Which version of Compiz do you use? I just tried running
"gtk-window-decorator --replace &" on my box (F7 / latest Git Compiz)
and it worked just fine. Or do you by any chance already have some
decorator running and didn't specify the "--replace" option?

> I have Go 7600 here. Can it be xorg 7.3 problem? Cheers.

I also use a 7600 Go, so this definitely is not the problem. Fedora 7
uses Xorg 7.2 (Xserver 1.3) BTW ;-)

Regards,

Danny