[compiz] Compiz segmentation fault

Ahmad M. Afuni pseudo.statistic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:49:58 PDT 2007

Hey,
Whenever I run compiz --replace, I get a segmentation fault. This is what a
backtrace in gdb says:
#0 0xbb871310 in strstr () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#1 0x080590b6 in addScreen (display=0x8071980, screenNum=0,
wmSnSelectionWindow=39845889, wmSnAtom=365, wmSnTimestamp=27602486)
at screen.c:1756
#2 0x08055292 in addDisplay (name=0x0) at display.c:2484
#3 0x08050926 in main (argc=2, argv=0xbfbfe9a0) at main.c:471

I'm running NetBSD, with modular-xorg-server 1.3, with an Intel 950GMA card,
Mesa 6.5.3.
This is compiz freshly checked out from git. (Similar issues from the
release)
I set the LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT environment variable to "TRUE".

Anyone got any idea what's wrong? If this is something I should be raising
with the NetBSD people instead, please let me know.
I posted on the forum and one suggestion was that my driver was bad-- but
what does that mean? Something about:
glExtensions = (const char *) glGetString (GL_EXTENSIONS); is returning 0.
I'm using the current git xorg intel drivers-- every other GL application
I've tried works fine.
Thanks,
Ahmad