[compiz] CompComm has a real name!

Dennis Kasprzyk onestone at opencompositing.org
Wed Jun 20 11:20:40 PDT 2007

Am Mittwoch 20 Juni 2007 18:52:28 schrieb Colin Guthrie:
> Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce that the chosen name of our project and community
> > is:
> >
> > Compiz Fusion
>
> Just a few quick questions from a packagers perspective!
>

> Is the name "Compiz Fusion" as in both words or will it be referred to
> as just Fusion, but colloqually as Compiz Fusion etc.
>
> I'm thinking more along the lines of package names:
>
> e.g. Should you call the package compiz-fusion-plugin-zoom or
> fusion-plugin-zoom? (assuming zoom was packaged individually which I'm
> guessing it wont be but that's another point!)
>
> What will be the components of "[Compiz] Fusion"?
>
> I know there are several libs and other such stuff in git, but just
> wondering how the tarballs will look? Just trying to get a heads up so I
> can ensure I've got packaging working ahead of official release!
>
> Cheers
>
> Col

Here a short nonfinal definition how the releases will look like:

compiz-fusion-(main/extra/unsupported) : The automerged plugin repositories.

compiz-bcop: The settings code generator that is needed to compile most of the
plugins

The alternative Compiz configuration system:

libcompizconfig: The main library including the ini backend and the compiz
configuration plugin

compizconfig-backend-(kconfig/gconf): The desktop environment dependent
configuration backends

compizconfig-python: Python bindings for the configuration library

compizconfig-settings-manager or ccsm: The python configuration tool for
compizconfig.

This can still change and we hope to finalize the naming stuff during the next
days. Be also prepared that some of the git directories may also change
during the next days.

Regards,
Dennis