[compiz] movement backend

Anders Storsveen wakko at generation.no
Sun Jun 24 04:31:03 PDT 2007

Hi

I'm just wondering what the status is on the new movement
architecture that I think David mentioned a few months ago. The point
was to get more predictable and accurate movement in the plugins.
Since the current method recomputes speed and direction every
"timestep". So the movemnt is actually computed on the fly, instead
of having a predetermined path which is rendered. This gives the
kinda wobbely feel of the scaler and similar plugins which some
people (like me) think looks kind of unaccurate and non-professional.

I think David mentioned a rewrite of this to a paradigm more like
that in the animation plugin. Has there been any work in this yet?

-Anders