[compiz] Focus problem for shaded windows

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Mon Jun 25 06:35:26 PDT 2007

Hi,

today, I noticed a problem in focus handling for shaded windows which is
pretty easy to reproduce:

- Disable "Click to focus"
- Shade a window
- Hover another window
- Hover back to the window frame of the shaded window
- Press Ctrl+Alt+S

Expected behaviour would be that the shaded window is unshaded. What
happens is that the last active window is shaded.

I investigated this a bit and found the cause for this behaviour, but
wasn't able to work out a proper fix for that:
- The function shade() uses d->activeWindow to determine the window to
(un)shade via the "window" option.
- d->activeWindow is set from the FocusIn event handler, but only if
w->managed is set for the window which is hovered or whose frame is
hovered
- As w->managed is unset in the UnmapNotify handler (and so after a
window is shaded), hovering a shaded window frame does not set
d->activeWindow to that window.

Any idea regarding that one?

Regards,

Danny