[compiz] A couple of bugs...

Vasek Potocek vasek.potocek at post.cz
Thu Mar 1 11:02:58 PST 2007

> 2. Resizing a KDE-Window (independently of the
> window-decorator -- just a kde window like konqueror)
> doesn't work properly. When grabbing one edge all
> other edges change position. Only when you use the
> bottom right corner it works as expected. Strangely
> GNOME/Gtk windows work as expected.

I'd add to this point that this is not only KDE-specific, I can reliably reproduce the described behaviour with xterm
window. I have once worked it around using XGetWindowAttributes instead of rd->w->attrib in each call of
resizeUpdateWindowSize, but this is both too ugly to be really suggested and still not 100% reliable (the bottom edge
tends to vary +-1 line).

There is still another problem that worries me - sometimes the Shade/Unshade function causes the window to jump
vertically, about randomly. The window ends up at approx. half its height after Shade and a little above or under its
original position after Unshade, but sometimes half above the top of screen, too.
This is not restricted to any types of windows, but occasional in the sense that sometimes it just does happen and
sometimes it doesn't on the same window. I didn't investigate this much, but I have suspicion it's related to whether a
window is in more or less "stable" position, meaning whether it wobbles a bit or not when its caption is clicked.
I'm sorry if this has been discussed here or somewhere in the past, I don't know it.

Vasek