[compiz] 0.4 release

Mike Cook mcook at novell.com
Thu Mar 1 11:57:45 PST 2007

>> I've noticed that on a dual- head setup using the switcher zoom effect and
>> also with autorotate that only the image within that output is drawn and
>> anything on the other output is black.  So, the switcher zoom has a black
>> border around each output as it zooms out, and on autorotate the cube
>> looks like it has one half of the side painted and the other half black (on
>> each output).  Rotate with the keys or mouse works fine, however.
>
> This should be fixed now, if it's the same issue I was thinking of.
> Please try the latest code and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks, David, that seems to partially correct it...  Now if I use switcher
without the popup then it looks fine, but if I switch with the popup it
appears the texture is still clipped to the output while it zooms out, but as
soon as the zoom animation finishes the rest is painted (which is about one
second later).  It's more obvious if you use autorotate and the first window
it shows causes a rotate, but as soon as the zoom out is done any later
rotates are fine until you terminate the switch.

Also, I noticed I see the same clipping behavior if I drag move a window to
the edge and it triggers a rotate.

...MC