[compiz] dbus introspection

Travis Watkins alleykat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:04:57 PST 2007

On 2/28/07, Travis Watkins <alleykat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, here is my patch. A couple issues:
>   * It doesn't seem to register any options for core,
> dbusGetOptionsFromPath is failing for some reason
>   * it doesn't include introspection for signals as I wasn't quite
> sure where they belong
>   * It doesn't register/unregister plugins and their screens/options
> when you change active_plugins, it should do so
>   * It probably leaks like a sieve :)
>
> Also, it needs libxml2 but I wasn't sure how to include this in the
> build system. I was doing my work with the standalone Makefile we use
> for ported beryl plugins.

Updated patch to latest git. It now handles action and match types
correctly and does introspection for the signals. It also checks for
changes to active_plugins and reregisters everything. A better
solution would be to find out what plugin(s) were added and just
register them. It also doesn't unregister unloaded plugins. Trying to
register something that is already registered spits out a warning on
the console but otherwise is fine.

Remaining problems:
  * need to figure out what to do with activate/deactivate
  * core doesn't get any options registered

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com