[compiz] A couple of bugs...

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Mar 1 07:15:02 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 10:52 +0100, Hillmann wrote:
> Hello together!
>
> I've found a couple of bugs with current compiz git,
> most  of them related to the use of KDE and wanted to
> let you know.
>
> 1. kde-window-decorator crashes every now and then.
> This seems to be especially often when starting
> kaffeine media player, but not exclusively. I've
> attached a backtrace, though I don't know if it is
> useful in this form...

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. kaffeine starts fine for me.
valgrind might give us some useful information. Try running kwd like
this:

$ valgrind --tool=memcheck kde-window-decorator

> 2. Resizing a KDE-Window (independently of the
> window-decorator -- just a kde window like konqueror)
> doesn't work properly. When grabbing one edge all
> other edges change position. Only when you use the
> bottom right corner it works as expected. Strangely
> GNOME/Gtk windows work as expected.

This should be fixed now. The bug caused problems with all applications
that don't support the synchronized resize protocol.

> 3. When mplayer starts the player window has strange
> dimensions resulting in blank (white) window
> decorations...

mplayer has never done this for me. could you send that output from
xprop and xwininfo for the mplayer window?

> Those are the most annoying bugs I know and would
> really like to see those fixed...

Yes, they seem very annoying and hopefully we can have them all fixed
soon.

- David