[compiz] video plugin?

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Mar 9 05:20:08 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 15:05 +0100, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> On Mar 07, 07 21:15:39 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> > thx I missed this mail...
>
> I apparently didn't receive this mail as well...
>
> > >I've created a patch to mplayer's xv output code that makes it use
> > >compiz video interface when available. Works pretty well and it even
> > >dynamically detects when the compiz video interface isn't available
> > >anymore and then switches to xv instead. Similar patches can easily be
> > >created for other video playback clients, of course.
>
> Have you mailed this patch to the mplayer mailing list? Though I doubt
> they will allow a patch that interferes with the xv output plugin. It
> probably should go into a new output plugin.

No I haven't mailed it to the mplayer list. I don't think it should be
included in it's current state. Yes, it should go into a new plugin but
this new plugin should still support xv output as you want to
dynamically fall-back to that when the compiz interface isn't available.
It should probably go into an xv-compiz output plugin but some code
sharing between the existing xv module should probably be done then.

> I'll go for xine and create an according output plugin.

Great!

- David