[compiz] Re: compiz: Changes to 'master' (Added possibility to load textures with fixed RGBA byte ordering from header files)

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Mar 28 03:24:02 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 06:29 -0700, Danny Baumann wrote:
>  include/compiz.h |    5 +++--
>  src/cursor.c     |    3 ++-
>  src/texture.c    |   17 +++++++++++------
>
> New commits:
> commit 8e3b26fe3000602cfad0eaae2242abb1274c2ce3
> Author: Danny Baumann <dannybaumann at web.de>
> Date:   Wed Mar 28 15:29:42 2007 +0200
>
>     Added possibility to load textures with fixed RGBA byte ordering from header files.

I find this change pretty ugly. "Bool fixedRGBA" looks like a quick hack
to extend the imageToTexture function with some specific functionality.

Creating a lower level function that accept a format and a type GLenum
seems like a more appropriate solution to me.

However, if you're storing textures in header files. I suggest that you
store them as png data, in which case you you don't need this
functionality in core at all as png plugin will do byte-swapping when
necessary.

- David