[compiz] re-work option initialization

Bellegarde Cedric gnumdk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:54:43 PDT 2007

Le jeudi 29 mars 2007, Dennis Kasprzyk a écrit :
> Currently there are two types of configuration tools. Some with fixed
> functionality and some autogenerated. To improve the quality of the
> autogenerated tools I would like to make this proposal about additional
> values in the CompOption struct and the plugin vtable.

I really disagree with this...

First, i dislike the way compiz deal with options descriptions. Why put this
in the code?

Just look how kde deal with this: kcfg file (xml files
in /usr/share/config.kcfg), it's much cleaner i think.
I would prefer one xml description file per plugin usable by configuration
tools.

We can have tools that create gconf schemas and ini conf files based on this
xml files.

I don't see any reason having such information in the code, but maybe i'm
missing something...

Cedric