[compiz] Dbus plugin problem: Setting reset

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Mon May 14 23:39:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

since quite some time I encounter a problem which I believe is in the
dbus plugin: Sometimes when I load or unload plugins by changing the
configuration, all settings of all plugins are reset. At the same time,
the following message appears multiple times in the terminal I started
Compiz from (which makes me believe the problem is in the dbus plugin):

A handler is already registered for the path starting with path[0] =
"org"

I haven't been able to track it down yet because it happens rarely (but
regularly).
After this happens, the only ways to restore my custom config are to
reload Compiz or to 'touch' each single setting ('touch' meaning change
it and change it back).
This has happened to me using both ini and ccp as setting storage
backends, so I doubt it's related to that.

Does anyone have any clue about that?

Regards,

Danny