[compiz] Window specific actions and edge buttons

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Wed May 16 03:51:46 PDT 2007

David Reveman wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 00:29 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
>
>> There is a problem with some window specific actions like
>> scale_group and rotate_with_window when they are activated
>> by an edgebutton.
>>
>> The basic problem is that each of those actions use the window
>> option provided to the action.  When an edgebutton is used the
>> window id sent is actually the id of the edge window, this means
>> that actions which rely on this stop working.
>>
>> The obvious solution would be to change the affected functions
>> to work on the active window rather that the one passed to the
>> action.
>>

> Yes, I think that's what should be done.

OK - I did that for those two.

I am just about to push out similar changes for close_window,
minimize_window and maximize_window.  If they reduce some
functionality then please let me know and I will write it so that
it checks for an edge and only uses activeWindow then.

If close_window is used with edge+edgebutton then it crashes
which is obviously a problem elsewhere.  Is it fairly obvious to
you where this bug would be?  Otherwise I'll track that down too,
I assume it must be just a case of setting the correct allowed
actions hint on edges?