[compiz] place plugin

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon May 21 11:27:26 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 14:06 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> The place plugin has a bug:
> when compiz is restarted or started to replace another wm it the windows
> are placed in weird positions ( titlebar behind the panel etc.)
>
> shouln't the place plugin loop over all open windows and place them
> correctly when loaded? this should solve this issues.
> any reason why this isn't done? have I missed something or is this just
> a bug?

compiz should not place existing windows at startup. compiz doesn't
really try to avoid weird positions. the move plugin have some code that
avoids moving windows to weird positions but that's only for when moving
windows.

A plugin that makes sure that windows are never placed at weird
positions could be written for this purpose.