[compiz] Extensible logging framework

Kristian Lyngstøl kristian at bohemians.org
Thu May 24 11:49:51 PDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
> Attached is a quick patch which adds a logging framework to compiz.
> I think it should be fairly self explanitory.
>
> I think it should allow plugin writers to extend it for any purpose, but
> I would appreciate any feedback or comments before going any further.

Looks good, we did something similar with Beryl which at least I
believe helped.

How about moving the proc to CompScreen? That way, I can wrap the
function in a hypothetical debug plug-in to print information about
the screen the log message occurred on (I have two).

While plug-ins can obviously create their own macros, I also believe
it makes a lot of sense to have a few macros for this in compiz.h,
specially for core.

--
Regards,
Kristian