[compiz] No 'core plugin'?

Jesper Andersen jespera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:22:38 PDT 2007

Hi.

I have posted this at the compiz-fusion forums also.

I was until a couple of days ago joyfully running the latest git version
of compiz. Today when I started it using a "compiz-manager" script
(after updating to the most recent) I got the following error:

/usr/bin/compiz (core) - Error: no 'core' plugin with ABI version
'20071017' loaded

/usr/bin/compiz (ccp) - Error: InitObject failed
/usr/bin/compiz (core) - Error: Couldn't activate plugin 'ccp'

I assume the second errors are caused by the first, but I have no idea
what is wrong in the first line. There is no "core" plugin in
"/usr/lib/compiz".

I looked in "~/.config/compiz/compizconfig/Default.ini" and found this:

as_active_plugins = core;regex;video;move;minimize;dbus;decoration;scr
eenshot;wall;vpswitch;expo;png;text;workarounds;re
size;clone;inotify;place;annotate;fade;scale;ezoom
;scaleaddon;addhelper;switcher

So, it seems that my configuration indeed dictates that a "core" plugin
should be loaded.

Anyways, I will try experimenting a little, but I had hoped that someone
here could give me a hint as to where to begin.

Cheers,
Jesper