[compiz] Check behaviour of Compiz Fusion KDE 0.6.2-3.1

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Nov 19 08:43:12 PST 2007

Check behaviour of Compiz Fusion KDE 0.6.2-3.1

Hello,

I am trying out the release "Compiz Fusion KDE 0.6.2-3.1" on my openSUSE system.
I would like to share some more experiences about its usability.

1. Context menu by title bar
1.1 The context/actions menu that appears after a right click on the window
title is displayed in English despite German is my primary language in the
regional settings.
I assume that translations will be improved in the near future.

1.2 The menu "To Desktop" shows only two entries. The KDE desktop switcher
applet offers me eight buttons for workplaces.

1.3 I can move a window to the desktop 2. This has got the unexpected effect
that it vanishes from the title list by the KDE control bar. Is the task bar
setting "Show windows from all desktops" not respected?

1.4 A similar effect can happen if I switch to the second desktop. The titles
from the first desktop are not shown.
The pager seems also to "forget" the first one.

2. Apparent program errors
The software "kde-window-decorator" crashed yesterday after a bit of looking around.
I guess that the same issue was reported by "tribunal" already.
http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=5584

3. Application switching
It can happen that a garbled "preview" is displayed after several switches with
the key "Alt+Tab".

4. After a reboot
4.1 The item "Compiz Fusion Icon" is not automatically executed after a login
because I did not put it into the autostart. But the eight workplace buttons are
still displayed by the KDE desktop switcher applet.

4.2 If I click on "2", the KDE control bar is not visible any more on the second
desktop (even no panel-hiding button). I expect that it should stay accesible on
all my desktops on the top.

4.3 If I return to the first desktop by scrolling with the mouse wheel, the
button number is resetted to the value that was specified by the setting "Number
of desktops".

Regards,
Markus