[compiz] Adjusting the number of virtual desktops

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Thu Nov 22 05:41:05 PST 2007

> You can read about large desktop in the EWMH.

Since when is the support for large desktops specified?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Window_Manager_Hints
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop#Types_of_virtual_desktops

Would you like to support navigation with multiple large desktops or workspaces
in parallel?

I imagine that several desktops can be shown in rows by the Expo plugin.

Will the cube plugin be extended to support more than six surfaces? I suggest to
add a configuration option for prisms. (The default would be four viewports.)
Would you like to place any prisms next to each other?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prism_%28geometry%29

> The essence of it is that with workspaces, the content of other workspaces is unavailable
> (Thus making, for instance, cube a bit difficult). So Compiz essentially operates on one big
> workspace/desktop, but splits it into several smaller viewports.

Should GUI controls like pagers and context menus offer any means to distinguish
better between these objects?
What is the preferred way to display which viewports belong to a specific
workspace/desktop?

Regards,
Markus