[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.6.0

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Mon Oct 1 23:44:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

>   Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
>
>         git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/compiz
>
>     will include a signed compiz-0.6.0 tag which points to a commit
> named:
>         6218259ff6ec71a1eb6e9062646d63794947747e
>
>     which can be verified with:
>         git verify-tag compiz-0.6.0
>
>     and can be checked out with a command such as:
>         git checkout -b build compiz-0.6.0

Unfortunately I noticed	today that release 0.6.0 contains a bad problem
that allows e.g. desktop windows being stacked over normal windows when
they are mapped. This results in normal windows and/or panels not being
visible when compiz is launched with the Gnome or KDE session until the
desktop window is restacked once (e.g. by clicking on it if the "Raise
on click" option is enabled).

I will release a 0.6.2 ASAP that fixes that problem, but until then,
please either apply this commit to the release tarball:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/app/compiz.git;a=commit;h=b6c6acc70261d0942977441914c23e7a1c99215e
or continue to use the compiz-0.6 branch.

My apologies for letting this bad mistake slip in the stable release and
sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Danny