[compiz] Feature Request

Mark McCarron markmccarron_itt at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:02:05 PDT 2007

Just adding depth doesn't really change the 2D paradigm.  It would just be a slightly extended version of the layering of windows that we currently have.  What's needed is a break from the thinking of the last 20 years.  Current hardware is being under-used and true 3D environments can prove more productive than their 2D counterparts.

In addition, just adding depth does not provide an extended workspace.  Its not unusual for me to have around 30 windows open at a single time, on a single desktop.  It rapidly becomes a mess as there is no way of effectively grouping windows based upon the task they fulfil, not to mention the limited real-estate on a 2D display.