[compiz] Possible Bug in multiple Compiz 1-Click Install

David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Oct 27 07:40:50 PDT 2007

CyberOrg wrote:
> On 10/27/07, David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>
>> /usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 is mv to /usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1.old to
>> eliminate the .so.1 library.
>>
>>         If a second one click install on opensuse 10.3 is attempted, the mv
>> from .so.1 to .so.1.old fails (because .old is already present) leaving
>> the .so.1 lib. This causes the error:
>>
>> compiz (core) - Fatal: No GLXFBConfig for default depth, this isn't
>> going to work.
>> compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
>> compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0
>>
>>         Deleting the .so.1 lib completely restores compiz to a working condition.
>>
>> Does this need reporting?
>
> You are not supposed to manually mess with any files installed by RPM
> and expect it to work correctly :)
>
> Cheers
>
> -J

	I didn't, I swear! I didn't do the original mv to create the .old, the
only thing I did was to try the mv in response to advise from Ben to
cure the above error and found that the .old already existed. Strange.
Something created the .old file on my system. It is a good thing to,
because compiz would not run with /usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 present.
Runs find with it moved to .old.

	Does compiz have its "init layout" anywhere or is that what
/usr/bin/compiz-manager does? I would like to have a step by step layout
of the initialization so I could go back and hand test each step to find
where the problem is the next time compiz decides to disappear.

	Thanks for your help!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC