[compiz] video plugin update

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Sep 4 06:16:40 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Friday, 13 July 2007 at 14:11, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
> > I had to update the video plugin interface slightly to fix some bugs.
> > I've attached an updated mplayer patch.
>
> David,
>
> Is this patch ever going to make it upstream to mplayer do you think?
>
> Has it been submitted/reviewed by upstream devs?

Any progress here? Users keep coming and asking why they can't use MPlayer
with compiz. We do not have the resources to implement this (not to mention
that none of the core developers use compiz). The current patch is
unacceptable for inclusion in MPlayer (due to unnecessary code
duplication). See this document for MPlayer patch submission guidelines:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/patches.txt

Regards,
R.

--