[compiz] More clear CCSM messages

Guillaume Seguin guillaume at segu.in
Mon Sep 17 11:06:27 PDT 2007

2007/9/17, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to have someone knowledgeable about the inner working
> of Compiz to change the messages CCSM uses ( which can be found here) to be
> understandable to us not really technical people?
>
> One example would be the 'Sync To VBlank' option. I have no idea what VBlank
> is, so how, what will sync to it, I have no idea. Checking the tooltip,
> 'Only perform screen updates during vertical blanking period', I know now
> that sync means a screen update, but what's a vertical blanking period then?
>
> Would be great if someone helped make ccsm more clear :)

(resending-to-list-since-I-can't-hit-the-right-button)

The problem isn't to make ccsm clearer but just to improve the
metadata itself. I guess it's a boring work, but I'm sure there's a
bunch of people who could do it (I think there's a good basis on
available http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/ .

Regards,
Guillaume