[compiz] Compiz Window capture

jwhite at maths.uq.edu.au jwhite at maths.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 20 04:22:32 PST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to write a program that can take a screenshot of a window
and display it on a remote machines display using openGL. Most
importantly the program needs to be able to take a screen shot of the
window even when it is hidden. I saw that compiz does this very well
when you use the Switcher to change windows (it updates the preview of
the window even when it is hidden). I was wondering where I could find
this code and even more importantly its documentation.

Thanks

P.S. At the moment I am not worried about the performance, I am just
trying to get it working.