[compiz] Why doesn't compiz honor special window settings?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:58:55 PST 2008

Bellegarde Cedric wrote:
> Le Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:15:36 -0600,
> "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Listmates,
>>
>> 	I have a problem with compiz not honoring the special window
>> settings in kde for xterm. In kde, I have the position and size of
>> the xterm window set to a usable default. In KDE, the window opens to
>> the proper size and location. In compiz, it is about 1/2 the size and
>> never opens where it is set to open.
>>
>> 	Is there a way to have compiz read the default window
>> settings for xterm?
>>
>> 	Just a curiosity.
>>

> Are you sure it's not a probleme with your placement plugins settings?
>
> Working here...
>
> Cédric

	Hmm, that's a thought. Which plugin though? Which is the most likely
culplit?

as_active_plugins =
core;splash;move;regex;dbus;resize;shift;screenshot;png;workarounds;
zoom;fadedesktop;decoration;minimize;ring;wobbly;place;fade;cube;rotate;
scale;cubereflex;cubecaps;scaleaddon;switcher

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC