[compiz] Dbus Interface

Martin Glueck martin.glueck at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:54:39 PDT 2008

Hello,

I was looking into the source code in more detail and debuged the DBUs
interface a bit and it seems to me that only a few commands of the compiz
plugin are still "exported" as "actions" in version 0.7.6 of compiz.

If I grep the source tree of compiz I find only 7 occurrences if "action"
./src/option.c:    return "action";
./src/metadata.c:    { "action", CompOptionTypeAction },
./plugins/svg.c:    { "set", "action", 0, svgSet, NULL }
./plugins/scale.c:    { "relayout_slots", "action", 0, scaleRelayoutSlots, 0
}
./plugins/annotate.c:    { "draw", "action", 0, annoDraw, 0 },
./plugins/water.c:    { "point", "action", 0, waterPoint, 0 },
./plugins/water.c:    { "line", "action", 0, waterLine, 0 }

If I do the same in version 0.6.2, I found a bit more (125)...

Does that mean that the number of action one can trigger via the DBUS Action
or has the way certain action are triggered changed a bit?

Any help/ clarification would be appreciated.

Or, if anybody knows to how to rotate the cube via dbus with 0.7.6, that
would also very helpful.

Thanks,
Martin