[compiz] Howto uninstall compiz from Kubuntu

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:45:43 PDT 2008

Compiz:

A colleague tempted me with compiz eye candy, and I tried it.

Sorry, but many features were too far outside my usability comfort zone:

  - lazy mouse (in /this/ day and age???)
  - The Run window did not reliably pop up
  - minimize-all-windows turned everything black

Some of those items were configurable. Some required multiple, diverse
reconfigurations to fix. I couldn't fix the last one.

And I could not find a simple "off" button among compizconfig-settings-manager's
  confusingly-named options.

   sudo aptitude remove compizconfig-settings-manager

(hey Ubuntu why is that a separate item)?

   sudo aptitude remove compiz-core

And the /coup de grace/:

   sudo aptitude reinstall kwin

I still don't know if that reinstalled the Kubuntu-standard popup on Alt+Tab.

--
   Phlip