[compiz] No shutdown option in KDE with Compiz-Fusion

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:06:24 PDT 2008

On 10/03/2008, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Yes, that was probably just a typo/thinko etc. He means only one X
>  server that supports GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap (e.g. AIGLX or
>  nvidia/ati prop.)
>
>  But rather than worrying about the semantics he's just saying that it
>  works for him, so why not try it for yourself and see how you get on?

I wasn't worrying about semantics, I was trying to educate myself.
This is all very foreign territory for me. And Compiz has been very
difficult for me to install. Were it just eye-candy I wouldn't care,
but I am rather dependent upon the zoom and colour-invert functions.

I just tested out Ubuntu 8.04 alpha6, and as that will be my platform
in the near future, I will concentrate my efforts there. I will
experiment with XGL and without XGL, and I will try with both the free
driver and the proprietary driver. When I run into problems that I
cannot solve, I will ask here I promise :).

Thank you very much for the patience, and helping me learn and solve problems.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.